Friday, December 8, 2017

Top 20 Quilts of 2017: #19, Velvet Love

I'm crazy about this 1920s velvet crazy block quilt.
This month, I am posting a series of blogs counting down my top 20 quilts of the year. All the quilts were acquired by the collection in 2017, and they represent four centuries of American quilts. 

I love crazy quilts, but have a real weakness for crazy quilts made out of velvet. This one came from an eBay seller in York, Pennsylvania. It is 62" x 62" and includes 16 blocks with crazy patchwork in rich, jewel tone velvets.


Each patch is outlined with feather stitching with a variery of colorful threads. The quilt arrived about a month ago, and it looks like I never got a chance to blog about it previously, but it is one of my favorite purchases of 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment