Saturday, December 9, 2017

Top 20 Quilts of 2017: #18, Hand-Painted Bicentennial Quilt

Rebecca Thompson was determined to finish this quilt!
This month, I am posting a series of blogs counting down my top 20 quilts of the year. All the quilts were acquired by the collection in 2017, and they represent four centuries of American quilts. 

Kit quilts are not usually my thing, but this hand-painted Bicentennial quilt grabbed my attention because the maker, Rebecca Thompson of Boaz, Kentucky, started it in 1976 and finished it in 2016. I admire her determination. To read more about it, click here.
SaveSave

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finishing the quilt, Rebecca (I hope she reads here). I read the January post, and saw the close-ups, she did a nice job. Was this from a kit or pattern? Searching brings up precious little in more information...

    ReplyDelete