Friday, December 29, 2017

A Bookish Christmas

If you want to fast-track your education about old quilts, try picking up a book.
One of the lesser known facts about The Volckening Collection is it includes almost as many books as quilts.


Handling quilts in person is still my favorite way of learning about them, but the books fill in the gaps and answer questions. Choosing good books put me on an educational fast track.


Christmas is a good time to play catch up. I shared my Amazon wish list with Mom, and she selected several of the books I wanted most. My sister also got me a really interesting looking book about wool.


This year's selection of books received as Christmas gifts included some hard to find and out-of-print titles. I also received the long-awaited book of red and white quilts from the American Folk Art Museum in New York.


It was a bookish Christmas, just the kind I like. Thank you to my family for indulging me. I'm looking forward to diving in to these books.
SaveSave

1 comment:

  1. I too love quilting books. I have one to donate to the Volckening Collection if you do not have it. "Surviving the Winter; the evolution of quiltmaking in New Mexico" by Dorothy Zopf. Lots of stories about "make-do" quilts for the mountain winters. Let me know if you want this one.

    ReplyDelete