Wednesday, July 5, 2017

"Woodland Chromatics" in McCall's Quilting

Libby Lehman's 1984 "Woodland Chromatics" quilt, now part of my collection, is in the latest issue of McCall's Quilting magazine. A friend who works for the magazine saw my photo of the quilt on Facebook and asked if they could publish it. Of course, I said yes. 


The photo accopmanies news about the benefit auction for Libby Lehman, a living legend in the quilt community who had a brain aneurysm and stroke a few years ago.The auction included "Woodland Chromatics" and other masterpiece quilts spanning her career.


I am grateful for opportunities to publish photos of quilts from my collection, and I am also prepared. Every time a new quilt arrives, I photograph it, and the photos are good enough for print work. In a nutshell, it's a big reason why I get as much press as I do. McCall's Quilting is a bimonthly magazine brimming with great quilts, patterns, news, and lots of ideas for quiltmakers. For more information, visit their web site.
Save

No comments:

Post a Comment