Thursday, April 6, 2017

reversible Hawaiian patchwork spread


Ruby Lane is one of those sites I don't visit often enough. I'm pretty sure I hadn't bought anything through the site before. When I received a note from Pepper Cory alerting me to this lot, it was a no-brainer. 
This Hawaiian patchwork spread has no batting or quilting. It is 52" x 79" and reversible, with one large printed panel as the backing and a wide, orange binding.


The top looks like 1960s or 70s fabric, and the back looks a lot newer, possibly 1990s or later. The print has Asian characters, looks like Chinese. I'm sure someone will know what it says. 😊


Binding is so wide it almost looks like a border. The four-pointed star pattern has many names, but most intriguing to me is how the block creates a secondary pattern. A winner. I'll have to check in at Ruby Lane more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment