Monday, January 9, 2017

Vintage Oahu: Hawaiian Scrap Quilts, etc.


I found a lot of scrap quilts while exploring Oahu over the weekend. Here are some of my favorites. Local style, da kine I like!











There were a lot of shirts, so I had to pick up a few. This blue and green one is from the 1970s, and it's awesome. I wore it around yesterday. It was made by Hawaii Nei, Honolulu, and has great wrapped buttons, all in a wild polyester print. I found it at the Barrio Vintage pop-up shop at the Royal Hawaiian Center.


7 comments:

  1. Wow, look at all those colors! Looks like the second-best thing to bringing home some Hawaiian sunshine.
    TenThousandHourMama.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, what fun and colorful finds! i love how geography and culture really influence art -- it's clear here that this is the case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so TROPICAL and capture a vintage Hawaii vibe so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finds! The colors are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome finds! Those are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete