Friday, May 15, 2015

new camera, fans

Fans, c. 1960, Texas

Got a new camera yesterday. The old one is with a friend who needed a replacement camera while touring Europe. As if I needed an excuse to get a new camera after shooting the whole Quiltmania book with my old one! I got another Nikon, a very simple one, the D3200. It was on sale at Best Buy. First picture was the Fans quilt from Texas, which has been waiting for its picture since before I went to France.


This year is my 30th anniversary of shooting with Nikon cameras. My first Nikon back in the 80s was an FE2. Then I had an F3, and later I had a couple CoolPix point and shoot pocket cameras-- all film cameras. In the digital age, I have had a D60, a D5000 and now the D3200. They have all been great. When I get the D5000 back, I'm sure I will still use it. 

8 comments:

  1. love the fan quilt
    would love to see it in person
    anyway you could bring it to show
    and tell @ NWQ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always interesting to hear how once you step into the DSLR realm most people become loyal to that particular brand, and it seems to be Nikon vs Canon world. Now we know which side you are on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New cameras are so much fun! I can't wait to see the pictures you take with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new camera :) Very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh fancy! Have fun with the new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun new simple camera with a mega lens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! It's always fun to get a new toy. Cool quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Nikons too. My first was a Nikon FG, since then I've had lots of Coolpix, a Nikon P500 and now my main camera is a Nikon D300. My husband bought that one for our trip to Australia 6 years ago. He never properly learned to use it so three years ago I decided to conquer the thing. I'm doing pretty well with it now, but it took about s year to get really comortable.

    ReplyDelete